Thursday, August 14, 2008

Where Has the Time Gone?

Wow...can't believe it's been 16 years that Todd & I have been married. Wow, can't believe I'm that old!! Back when I was 16 I was set up on a blind date with this guy Todd, by my friends Eric & Julie Carlson who I always babysat for. Well, he was the ex-boyfriend of Julie's younger sister, and they thought we might hit it off. So, we go on the ultimate first date to the movies, Fabulous 50's Diner and I even think miniature golfing. He was home from his first semester in college & I was a junior in High School. 6 months later, Todd left for his mission to San Juan, Puerto Rico, & I finished my Senior year in high school & went to BYU for a year. When he got home we just picked up right from when we left & here we are 16 years later!
In July we had a little getaway to La Jolla, CA. It was a great time! We walked along the beach, enjoyed the sunset & I even got Todd to go kayaking with me. We kayaked out to the La Jolla Caves & even saw some leopard sharks!

Today while I was doing my soccer run, picking up Kaila & 5 teammates from soccer camp, I get a phone call from Todd & he tells me to stay where I am that he will be there in a minute. So there I sit in my car with 5 sweaty soccer players & he pulls up in his CHP car & we get all kinds of looks from the people still there at soccer. He brings out this Edible Arrangement from the back of his car!! It was great, full of strawberries, chocolate covered strawberries, heart shaped pineapple & grapes. It was yummy & we all enjoyed it (especially Kate!)Happy Anniversary Todd!!

6 comments:

just us said...

LOVES IT!!! Thats awesome. Definitely an awwwww moment!

kathryn said...

Good job Toddy! Points for that one:)

Kori said...

IT WAS SOOOOOOO SOOOOOOOO yummy!

Chelle Belle said...

Well, I have to hand it to your husband! He rocks!!!

DeVoogd...Party of Five said...

Congrats!! I cant believe it - 16 years!!! Awesome! Good Boy Todd, you are a smart man!

kathryn said...

I have to keep coming back to see that pic:)