Wednesday, September 3, 2008

"Hairspray"

If you have ever been to our house before you have had the privilege of hearing "Hairspray" the movie/musical playing in the background! It is Kate's most FAVORITE show! She loves to go put on her special dress & sing & dance to every song, it's quiet the treat! When I heard that it was coming to Music Circus this summer I called up a friend of mine that works in the box office & was told that they have a 'policy' that states that people younger than 4 can NOT attend! When I took Kate to the Dr.'s last week for her well check up he told me that she was in the 90% for height, so I figure she could pass as a 4 year old!That night we picked up our good friends & were off to see "Hairspray"! On the way there Kate was telling everyone how 'excited' (imagine a little lisp in there) she was! We had some great seats & Kate did SO good during the performance. We were sitting on a performance aisle so that was fun to be close to the actors.
Kate's favorite part of the show was the, "fat momma, the BIG, LOUD can of Hairspray that sprays & the sparkly paper at the end" (confetti!) It was a great girls night out, full of laughs & good company! I especially liked to hear Kacee's giggles when the actors were being silly on stage!!I know that my dad must have been giggling too!

3 comments:

kathryn said...

I think the momma was your dad in spirit. I couldn't get him outta my head the whole night. Fun, fun night.

Kori said...

You know we have seen dad in drag..."Ugliest woman I have ever seen." Wasn't that the statement Kathryn that offended grandma???
HAH!

Krystal said...

MUSIC CIRCUS- Your Dad hooked us up sooo many times to go see plays there. We loved to go there in the summer and see all the fun shows.