Sunday, October 12, 2008

New York

Last month I went on a vacation....a REAL vacation! I kissed the kids & Todd goodbye & set sail for a 7 day cruise. We flew the red eye to JFK & then went straight to Rockefeller Plaza. We had a couple of hours to play before we had to set sail, so off we went.
We started at the Rainbow Room Observation Deck at NBC studios, then off to the Top of the Rock!It was a breath taking view from the top. You could see everything, Central Park, the Empire State Building & we tried to figure out where the Twin Towers stood. Once we had our feet back on the ground we were off & running. While down in the NBC Plaza we found some authentic NY food, found an NYPD car & walked around 5th Ave.
We were the last ones to get on the bus to head over to the cruise ship. We sailed on the Carnival Victory. Kind of looked like the Little Mermaid threw up all over the boat, but I was kind of expecting that!
Once aboard, it was to the life jacket drill...we mapped out where all the little boats were & figured out how many people we could take out if the boat were to sink! :)
When we left port we sailed right past Lady Liberty herself. It was so awesome to actually see it with my own eyes. It was windy, but so worth it to stay out on deck & watch her come & go!

1 comment:

just us said...

I like the life jacket drill. Thats what I'd be doing. . .making sure I fit on a mini boat. Could you sleep with your life jacket. . .I would. Heee Heee! Looks like you guys had fun. Was there a hot NYPD cop in that car?