Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Happy Birthday to Kate!

Today Kate turned 3! She is such a happy, social, independent 3 year old. The first thing she asked when she got out of bed this morning was, "Where is my cake?". Needless to say I wasn't planning on cake, just a lot of ice cream, I figured she was going to have a cake at her birthday party! :D She got to open her big present which was her Dora Bike (she calls it a motorcycle). She loves it, she is just trying to get the hang of pushing the pedals forward & turning at the same time. Then off to Galt to Aunt Kori's house, where to our surprise, she got 2 new books! :) You have to know that Kori is a librarian at an elementary school & so was my mom, so Kori is continuing the tradition of book giving! Then we went to get lunch & Kate got a BIG Birthday Sundae for lunch, that's right, I am Mother of the Year, I just let my 3 year old have ice cream for lunch & nothing else!!After the kids got home from school Kate opened their presents. She loves the Princess dress up, the Princess chair & the dog that goes in the purse!








We had to take a walk to our friends house & show them our 3 year old Pretty Princess! Then to end the day we went to Kate's favorite place for dinner, you guessed it McDonald's. I did make her eat some chicken chunks before she could eat another sundae.

Here are some things that Kate loves:
*Her thumb & sippy
*Her princess bed
*To swim
*To play out front with the big kids
*Dress up
*Popsicles

We love you Kate!

2 comments:

just us said...

Happy Birthday Kate!!! We wish that we were there to celebrate with you.
P.S. Billie LOVES your Dora bike. And she got that same dog-in-a-purse for her bday too. Her purse was blue. . .of course. :o)

Dave and Courtney said...

Kate sounds a lot like my 2 1/2 year old Andalyn. She has the same Dora Bike and loves it!! I was glad to see your blog on Dusty and Melissa's blog. It will be nice to see what your family is up to since I've known your family for so long!! Happy Birthday Kate!!