Sunday, July 20, 2008

Road Trip

We have been on the go for the last two weeks. We are happy to be home! We took a road trip out to Utah so Kaila could attend the BYU soccer camp. We dropped her off in Provo at the camp & then meet our friend Kasey for lunch at our favorite Brick Oven resturant.

With our stomachs full, we headed up to Farr West & played with our good friends Patrick & Melissa for the rest of the week. My kids LOVE going up there & having adventures with their friends. On one of our adventures we went to a fishing farm & let the kids fish. All of the kids caught their own fish, Kyle caught a 15" trout, Kacee a 13" trout and Kate...well she kind of caught 2 trout. She caught the first one with help from dad & then she stuck her pole back in the water (when we weren't watching) & totally caught another one on her own! They also clean & fillet them for you. Needless to say, it was pretty hot that day & after watching the workers do all that to the fish, I wasn't looking forward to eating them. But we took our catch back home & threw them on the bar-b-que. It was pretty good, but my appetite was a "little" supressed!
The next adventure took us to Lagoon Amusement Park. They have rides & a water park all in one. There were a lot of rides for the little girls, so they had a blast. We all rode the Rattlesnake Rapids & I think I absorbed the most water out of the group. Then Melissa & I went on the Cliffhanger... I thought I was wet before nothing, it was ridiculous how wet we got, I swear it looked like we jumped in a pool with our clothes on! We closed the park down & the kids loved it!

Some of the other highlights were, sleeping on the trampoline, Wall-E, watching the cornsnake eat a mouse, Nickelcade & Molten Lava cake at Chili's.
We love spending time with the Andrus family & hate to say goodbye to them!

5 comments:

just us said...

I can't believe how big their kids are now. WOW. . .especially the baby!

kathryn said...

Thanks for NOT posting a picture of you and Melissa soaking wet...Kori-style:)

Chelle Belle said...

Your kids look like they had so much fun. We are leaving for Ogden this week and we plan to go to the fish farm too. The kids love to be able to fish and actually catch one. They also like the fact that I usually get down and catch one with my bare hands! Kinda gross but fun none the less!

Sheri said...

I LOVE the Brick Oven! That place brings back lots of fun memories for me! Hey we are leaving for Utah in a few days and Olivia has been begging to go fishing---where is this farm? Do you have any info.?

Kara said...

Sheri,
The fishing farm is in Ogden. If you will be up that far let me know & I will call my friend & get the address for you!